About the team
We’re constantly looking to expand our roster of freelance Medical Writers. As part of our Medical Writing Team, you would work closely with Impetus’ Account Directors and Digital Solutions Specialists to produce high-quality Analysis & Recommendations reports or executive summaries from verbatim transcript reports, as well as from live web meetings, webcasts, and in-person meetings.
Typical assignments include attending and taking notes during virtual meetings, creating detailed summary reports based on synchronous or asynchronous discussions, and reviewing or writing copy decks for asynchronous virtual touchpoints. We’re looking for individuals who are experts at extracting key insights and developing strategic recommendations based on advisor or participant discussions and feedback. On rare occasions, medical writers might be asked to join the Account Directors on client calls to discuss project scopes or the meeting reports.
Does this sound like you? Send us your resume! Shortlisted individuals will be asked to sign an NDA and complete a short test assignment to assess their ability to succinctly summarize and extract insights from a transcript.
Skills & Qualifications
- Postgraduate degree in the life sciences (MSc or higher).
- Minimum of one year’s experience working as a Medical Writer/Editor or in a related role.
- Fluency in English, with excellent written skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology and jargon.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Ability to deliver reports within 5-6 business days, on average.
- Fluency in French, with excellent written skills (strong asset, not required).
- Experience taking notes during live or web-based meetings (strong asset, not required).
- Fluency in languages other than English and French (asset, not required).
About Impetus Digital
We are the virtual engagement experts helping life science companies have ongoing conversations with their customers through our best-in-class online collaboration tools. Our award winning technology and professional services ensure that life science organizations around the world can easily and cost-effectively grow and prosper—from brand or idea discovery to development, commercialization, execution, and beyond—in collaboration with colleagues, customers, healthcare providers, payers, and patients. There is lots of room for growth as we continue to expand around the world! Additionally, we are proud to offer a fully remote working environment, a competitive salary, bonus plans, extra vacation time, and educational opportunities.