It certainly saved a great deal of travel time (and expense), given the size and geographic spread of the group … I liked that the comments made by the group were archived and accessible for repeat views.
To ensure a successful product launch, careful implementation is needed. These events can have huge downstream impacts on a pharmaceutical company. However, planning for a product launch involves several moving parts, including coordination between numerous internal teams and external vendors, as well as the use of multiple, disparate virtual meeting and collaboration platforms. This requires substantial time and resources and commonly results in project delays and high costs.
Further, people involved in product launches typically have multiple strategic brand objectives to manage, including regulatory, market access, pricing, manufacturing, medical education, and marketing objectives. This makes streamlining communication and collaboration between internal and external stakeholders essential.
- Integrating all moving parts into a single comprehensive platform to allow teams to collaborate more efficiently with each other and with their external stakeholders, achieving engagement rates of 90–100%.
- Partnering with a strategic vendor that provides end-to-end support and can perform all initiatives securely within the online portal, including recruitment and stakeholder management services, strategy, technical support, medical writing & content creation services in order to help streamline stakeholder communication and collaboration, and to further optimize the process and outputs.
To overcome the above problems, all functional teams involved in the product launch move their virtual and hybrid meetings and programs to an all-in-one safe, secure, and 100% Pharma-compliant virtual platform where external and internal stakeholders can provide precise and targeted feedback and communicate anywhere, any time, in any geography or time zone, at their own convenience.
They also select a vendor that offers comprehensive stakeholder management services such as recruitment and contracting, honoraria distribution, and more.
Finally, they leverage Medical Writer-created Analysis & Recommendations reports and Executive Summaries to identify meaningful and actionable insights that can help steer the brand launch strategy and future topics for discussion.
- Online advisory boards with physicians, nurses, pharmacists, allied health providers, or payers.
- Parallel advisory boards to collect regional or multidisciplinary insights.
Advisors are consulted on an ongoing basis throughout the pre-product launch phase and beyond.
- Open discussion forum questions around current patient management and treatment needs.
- Blinded survey-style questions to gather sensitive or unbiased information around clinical practice, treatment preferences, patient compliance, and more.
- Questions that will prompt the advisors to discuss the current market landscape in their regions, including access to testing, reimbursement, etc.
- Asynchronous advisory boards to ensure anonymity & confidentiality, and to allow for multilingual, geographically-dispersed groups of patients to communicate seamlessly.
- Patient insight-gathering around the patient journey and current needs and wants, including educational needs.
- Use of unbiased moderators to stimulate discussion among patient advisors.
- Individual “breakout rooms” or virtual spaces with limited access for one-on-one insight-gathering and collection of patient stories.
- Review of patient-facing materials.
- Online advisory boards with HCPs (e.g., specialists, general practitioners, nurses)
- Advisors are consulted on an ongoing basis throughout the pre-product launch phase and beyond.
- Review of recent clinical trial and conference data (full manuscripts, abstracts, posters, summary slide decks, videos, etc.).
- Virtual discussions around key takeaways, strengths, limitations, and unanswered questions.
- Feedback on the data is gathered asynchronously (over-time, anytime) via online discussion forum and annotation tools.
- Daily conference/congress eHuddles on a self-serve Community Board to gauge advisors’ insights and feedback on new data presented.
- Post-congress debrief sessions for in-depth discussion around new data on the product and its comparators.
- Ongoing virtual journal clubs.
- Additional feedback and next steps based on initial feedback are discussed synchronously (in real-time) via secure web meeting technology on the same platform.
- Online HCP and/or patient advisory board or working group(s).
- Information on the different stages of the patient journey is collected asynchronously using open discussion forum, blinded survey, and interactive mapping tools. The goal is to fully understand the patient journey and create an initial journey map.
- Regional differences in the patient journey can be identified and reviewed as a way of understanding model-of-care differences between countries, states, or provinces.
- Multidisciplinary patient journey mapping activities can be run simultaneously in parallel to ensure full-picture understanding. This activity helps identify differences, gaps, and perspectives from each of the external stakeholder groups.
- As part of the end-to-end support, the vendor’s content development team drafts a patient journey map for the participants to review in a subsequent touchpoint using an annotation or mapping tool, with the aim to finalize the map.
- A synchronous web meeting is scheduled to review the final map and debrief.
- Online HCP advisory board or working group.
- Information on the current and potential places of a product in the treatment algorithm for specific patient populations are gathered asynchronously using discussion, survey, ranking, and mapping tools, taking into account a variety of demographic, clinical, and regulatory/reimbursement factors.
- As part of the end-to-end support, the vendor’s content development team puts together sequencing maps for the advisors to review in a final round.
- Treatment pathway profiling helps determine the factors influencing the treatment choice for specific patients or disease stages, and can be used for medical education or as starting points for in-depth discussions on novel sequencing strategies and combination therapies.
- Online HCP advisory board or working group to co-create opinion and review papers, abstracts, posters, white papers, slide decks, and more.
- An initial asynchronous touchpoint, leveraging primarily discussion forum and survey tools, is used to gather detailed information from HCPs to form the basis of the publication.
- A Medical Writer or designated HCP author(s) summarizes the insights into a manuscript draft.
- One or two additional rounds of asynchronous review by all HCP working group members using annotation, survey, and open discussion forum tools.
- The vendor assists the client and corresponding author with formatting and finalizing the manuscript, figures, tables, cover letter creation, collection of conflicts of interests, and journal/conference submission.
- Online HCP and/or patient advisory board to collect patient case details or co-create medical education materials such as brochures, websites, or mobile apps.
- Virtual planning and development of virtual educational programs and virtual/hybrid educational events and meetings.
- Execution of synchronous or asynchronous medical education activities, including virtual/hybrid conferences.
- Virtual speaker programs.
- Ongoing virtual journal clubs.
- Online Ambassador programs: a small group of KOLs summarize key abstracts from an upcoming conference. Potential outputs include slide decks, video vignettes, podcast episodes, infographics, and more.
- Self-service Community Board to reach a greater number of HCPs at a lower cost.
- Initially set up by the vendor while the client adds the questions, moderates the discussion, and continues to pose questions or add resources for review as the need arises throughout the year.
- Useful for asking a “question of day” during conferences or after presenting new data.
- Share educational, clinical, and patient resources.
- Helps build relationships between MSLs and HCPs longitudinally.
- Can be used as a best practice-sharing platform for HCPs to share and discuss patient case studies associated with new treatment options.
- Online advisory boards, working groups, and steering committees with investigators, HCPs, patients, and/or other key stakeholders.
- Asynchronous review or co-creation of study protocols and amendments.
- Discussions around the need for future clinical trials or sub-analyses to address research gaps.
- Asynchronous communication and collaboration between study sites and between the sponsor and investigators.
- Grant submission & review programs for investigator-sponsored trials.
- Online advisory boards with payers/ex-payers to gather market/customer insights, get early input on reimbursement strategies, and verify economic modeling tool outputs.
- Asynchronous (over-time, anytime) discussions around patient/disease characteristics that will impact market access, product messaging, and key clinical data and their role in access decisions.
- Synchronous (real-time) breakout workshops to optimize disease and product messages.
- Value identification, creation, and communication.
- Online advisory board or working group with HCPs.
- Asynchronous (over-time, anytime) annotation and discussion forum tools to gather insights and co-create a market access dossier.
- One or more rounds of asynchronous review of dossier to create a final version.
- Asynchronous communication with key internal and external stakeholders, relevant pricing bodies, and global decision-makers for internal strategy mapping and launch timing. Can be done through regularly scheduled professionally-managed virtual meetings or through ongoing self-service Community Boards.
- Liaising with clinicians and patients to provide written statements to support regulatory/HTA approval and reimbursement applications.
- Real-world evidence (RWE) monitoring, collation, review, and submission.
- Development of different risk-sharing agreements with key payer bodies
- Plus more!
- Digital Content Council for co-creation of new patient- and HCP-facing materials, feedback on existing materials.
- Asynchronous annotation of materials directly in the portal, avoiding issues with compliance and version control.
- Drag-and-drop selection and rating tools for selecting the optimal designs and messaging.
- Blinded surveys to avoid group-think, open discussion forums for interactive discussions and debates.
- Quarterly synchronous (real-time) meetings to review, debrief, and finalize materials and messaging.
- Online advisory boards with HCPs and/or patients as applicable, with the aim to understand the competitive landscape and unmet needs, as well as niches, in the therapeutic space.
- Advisors provide input into positioning, key messaging, and materials in preparation for launch.
- Can be merged with the Digital Content Council or be a stand-alone program.
- Combination of survey, discussion forum, drag-and-drop selection, rating, and mapping tools.
- Asynchronous (over-time, anytime) and synchronous (real-time) internal strategic planning sessions; coordination between affiliates and prioritization of markets, clinical trial and key site selection, pricing benchmarks and standards, etc.
- Synchronous virtual or hybrid pre-product launch meetings.
- Synchronous company-wide virtual or hybrid product launch event.
- Asynchronous pre-meeting prep and post-meeting debrief.
- “Fishbowl” plan of action (POA) discussions.
- National sales meetings
- Plus much more!
- Mix of synchronous (real-time) and asynchronous (over-time, anytime) training on the therapeutic area, product, comparator products, objection handling, and more. Self-paced virtual training modules for MSLs, hosted on the same private client portal.
- Online quizzes to assess comprehension and improve memory recall.
- Virtual or hybrid training event(s), featuring mainstage sessions with expert internal and external KOL guest speakers, breakout workshops with real-time annotations, and more.
- Interactive breakout workshops for brainstorming, best practice-sharing, and role-playing.
- Virtual “gamestorming” activities.
- Ongoing virtual journal clubs to stay up-to-date and thoroughly dissect new data, including from comparator products.
- Virtual resource center for accessing training materials and on-demand videos at any time.
Impetus Digital’s two award-winning, 100% Pharma-compliant virtual meeting and event solutions, InSite Touchpoints™ and InSite Events™, allow you to host all of your virtual and hybrid programs on the same platform. Having a large portfolio of virtual tools (“building blocks”) to choose from means that you can combine them in endless ways to completely customize your program, resulting in guaranteed participant engagement rates of 90–100%. The platform’s automatic translation (100+ languages) and speech-to-text tools ensure a seamless user experience.
We will work closely with you to understand your goals and will provide strategic advice on how our tools can be leveraged to meet your objectives. Among others, our InSite™ suite of tools includes:
- Versatile open discussion forum for gathering feedback and insights, sharing best practices, hosting debates, and more.
- The asynchronous nature removes barriers related to time zones and busy schedules.
- Rate product messages & launch materials.
- Ranking of slides and product messages.
- Organize slide decks for training or educational purposes.
- Multiple choice, rating, ranking, Likert scales, yes/no, and short answer questions, including custom conditional logic.
- Collect blinded and unbiased feedback on sensitive topics and clinical practice patterns.
- Helps avoid group-think.
- Introductory real-time meeting to introduce the project and program objectives.
- Review and discussion of insights collected asynchronously in prior touchpoints.
- Address unanswered questions and dive deeper into key issues brought up.
- Debrief meeting at the end of a project.
- Discuss next steps, any developments, and how valuable participants found the process overall.
- Add branding and immersive 3D designs for a completely customized experience.
- Leverage gamification, chats, polling, whiteboarding, breakout sessions, and more interactive features to optimize participant engagement.
- Live interpretation in multiple languages for international, multilingual engagements.
- Advanced reporting, including video/podcast recordings with chapterization, audio and chat transcripts, Medical Writer-created Analysis & Recommendations reports, and other customizable outputs.
- When working with Impetus, you can rest assured that every little detail will be taken care of and that your project will run smoothly and seamlessly. We believe in establishing true partnerships with our clients and building long-lasting relationships based on trust. When working with Impetus, there is no need to involve other vendors, saving you time, as well as internal and external costs & resources. In addition to our award-winning platforms and best-in-class virtual tools, we offer:
- Dedicated staff for ensuring 360° behind-the-scenes support
- Account Director for strategic oversight and liaising with clients, faculty, and partners.
- Digital Solutions Specialist for digital services and technical support.
- Medical Writer for executive summaries, publication co-creation, and customized outputs.
- Strategic consultation
- Co-development of content
- Project management
- Digital & logistical support for virtual and hybrid meetings, events, and programs
- Recruitment & contracting
- Honoraria distribution
- Plus much, much more!
- Dedicated staff for ensuring 360° behind-the-scenes support
Impetus is there every step of the way, supporting me, guiding me and ensuring that the follow-up is managed with my customers … would have to be an integral component of any brand planning process that I would be managing.
We have worked with Impetus Healthcare now for 3 years and have seen quite an evolution of our online portal … initially what was developed for meeting logistics support has now turned into an extremely cost-effective and impactful tool for engaging our customers in a consistent and meaningful way.
Novel modality to promote collaboration and partnerships. I would definitely recommend this type of forum for future ad boards.
This platform allowed us to reach new customers in a cost-effective format.
This worked so well that I am considering having a QC ad board version.
Very responsive team – quick turn around’s – easy to get a hold of. Commitment to the project.
I love this format and would happily participate again if offered in the same fashion.
A great forum and allows flexibility as we are able to complete as workload permits.
Great organization and communication with our company! Linda kept the project on track with regular communication updates. She is a real pleasure to work with!
- Virtual Product Launch Planning & Preparation – Customer Story
- Top 10 Ways to Leverage the Impetus InSite Platform® to (Virtually) Launch Your Brand
- Top 10 Benefits of Virtual Advisory Boards
- Top 10 Creative Ways to Engage Your Advisors
- Top 10 Tips for Optimizing Asynchronous Virtual Meetings
- Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions
- Top 10 ways that Medical Affairs teams can leverage the Impetus InSite Platform®
- Patient Journey Mapping – Customer Story 1
- Patient Journey Mapping – Customer Story 2
- Treatment Pathway Profiling – Customer Story
- Virtual Journal Club – Customer Story
- Patient Advisory Board – Customer Story
- Parallel Advisory Boards with HCPs and Patients – Customer Story
- Congress eHuddle & Debrief Session – Customer Story
- Delphi Technique Co-creation – Customer Story
- MSL Training – Customer Story